What is wrong with my 2 guitar signal chain?

littlebigfis

Inspired
Row 2 - Mixer(Balance 1-4 all to the R- mono) >Amp>Cab
Row 3 - Mixer(Balance 1-4 all to the L- mono)>Amp>Cab

I am attempting to follow Wiki instructions for 2 Guitars with separate effects chains and outputs. Guitar 1 plugged into input 1 in front of axe. Guitar 2 plugged into Input 1(Right) back of Axe. I/O set to Analog front. Stereo for input and output . Output Left from Axe to Atomic FR Wedge; Output Right to QSC 10. Most of output is going to QSC and output to the atomic as mentioned is more faint but also, hissy, chalkboard scratchy, tunneled, hollow, distant, and thin if these all work together. Output knob 9pm. Input set to tickle clip.

Attaching preset. Thx in advance.

Attachments

• 2 Guitars.syx
    2 KB · Views: 3
Right now you're sending the same thing (a mix of both amps/cabs) to both output channels. One device sounding far worse/noisier might indicate another issue though. You could swap cables/channels to pinpoint the cause of that difference. Increasing the Out 1 level knob somewhat is worth a try too.

Assuming you diagnose or work around whatever is happening, to get one guitar/amp signal to each channel you'll need to set the cab blocks' balances left & right, or do the same at the output mixer or some post-cab effect (usually the last) you add.

Bakerman said:
Right now you're sending the same thing (a mix of both amps/cabs) to both output channels. One device sounding far worse/noisier might indicate another issue though. You could swap cables/channels to pinpoint the cause of that difference. Increasing the Out 1 level knob somewhat is worth a try too.

Assuming you diagnose or work around whatever is happening, to get one guitar/amp signal to each channel you'll need to set the cab blocks' balances left & right, or do the same at the output mixer or some post-cab effect (usually the last) you add.

Ok, from your advice I have been able to send the guitars to the Atomic FR on the Left and the QSC K10 on the Right! Unfortunately for me, the wiki failed (If I'm reading correctly) to mention panning everything and I mean everything (amp, cab, and output mixer)in the signal chain. It only speaks to the mixer upfront. Thank you for this correction!

As for the tone issues in the Atomic vis a vis the QSC K10, I solved this by changing my output cable routing from TRS >XLR Atomic and TRS >XLR QSC to XLR > TRS (line inputs) on my mixer and then TRS to XLR on the main outs. For some reason the atomic does not like the TRS to XLR direct. That's the only difference!

Thanks Again!

Back
Top Bottom