What is the material in guitar cases?

malenko

I'm building a guitar rack and would like to line part of it with the same kind of plush material guitar cases are generally lined with.
I'm guessing so far crushed velvet???
Anyone know?

Cheers

:redface-new: for the amount off time I use Google, I didn't think to try. DOH!

Cheers Luke and for the link, as I guessed crushed velvet.

Just an FYI. I recently bought a large case with pull out drawers that were finished like a guitar case.
Only 3 of the 6 drawers wer done, so I needed to get supplies to finish the final 3.
I went to JoAnne fabric and found they have a ton of options for lining a guitar case.
They have crushed velvet, really fluffly fleece....lots of fabrics that will work great.

I bought a bunch of differnet patterns too (zebra, camo, blah, blah, blah). Just to have some fun with it.

The drawer showing in this pic was done by the previous owner....but I still like the leapard!

Attachments

• road case 2.jpg
    road case 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 66
Nice case! I seriously considered drawers but couldn't be bothered making them, even though I make cabinet furniture for a living LOL!
Cheers I'll take a look but might be too pricey in the end to get shipped to UK although I love the idea of maybe different patterns.

Only 3 of the 6 drawers wer done, so I needed to get supplies to finish the final 3.

Ooo... case envy!
biggrin.gif

Just an FYI. I recently bought a large case with pull out drawers that were finished like a guitar case.
I went to JoAnne fabric and found they have a ton of options for lining a guitar case.
They have crushed velvet, really fluffly fleece....lots of fabrics that will work great.

I bought a bunch of differnet patterns too (zebra, camo, blah, blah, blah). Just to have some fun with it.

The drawer showing in this pic was done by the previous owner....but I still like the leapard!

That's just ridiculously bad ass in every possible way.

Thanks guys, I thought the case was bad ass as well when I saw it.
A friend of mine had a friend that was selling it. He was a mechanic that took it on trade from some random reason....and only wanted $125 for it.
Needless to say, I couldn't get the money out of my pocket quick enough.

You'll notice there is a hinged top. It opens up and has about a 10-12" deep space for storage. I'm thinking of trying to turn that section into one of those 'guitar boat' type stands as well.

Either way, it was a great addition to my rehearsal room!

Thanks guys, I thought the case was bad ass as well when I saw it.
A friend of mine had a friend that was selling it. He was a mechanic that took it on trade from some random reason....and only wanted $125 for it.
Needless to say, I couldn't get the money out of my pocket quick enough.

You'll notice there is a hinged top. It opens up and has about a 10-12" deep space for storage. I'm thinking of trying to turn that section into one of those 'guitar boat' type stands as well.

Either way, it was a great addition to my rehearsal room!

:O !!!
If you ever want to get your money back out of it... ;)

Back
Top Bottom