What does the MFC offer that the Ground Control Pro doesn't?

Resale value.

If and when you decide to sell your Axe-Fx, whether that is to upgrade to something better that comes along eventually, or your find yourself in financial need, I believe a complete Fractal setup will garner more interest and a better sales price. Everything being from the same manufacturer puts people's minds at ease that the items will perform well together.

Well, that's just what I mean... A controller is meant to make life easier. Not to invent ways to work around limitations of its own. Having to duplicate presets on the Axe-Fx for this purpose is a hassle, and too time and maintenance consuming.

I'd welcome a "mixed mode", which would combine features of both the Axe-Fx mode and non-Axe-Fx mode. It would let me create and use controller-specific presets and its names, while reading/displaying the effect blocks that are present in the Axe-Fx preset, enabling tempo and tuner display/use etc.

I know I sound like I complain too much, but I'm a self-confessed control(ler) geek. ;-)

Yek - I agree on the "mixed mode". I get mine on Monday but reading the manual today I would like a mode where if you allocate an IA to an AXE FX control, it will then stay in sync with it when a present is selected.

Basically I too would like Axe FX mode mixed with song mode. I want to setup just a few presets/rigs on the Axe FX. Then for each song on the MFC be able to access a specific rig and have it keep in sync.

I bought the MFC because I'm expecting some decent upgrades to the software and hope this feature will come soon. Just like my MFC did!

define in sync. you can change things so you get the axe goodies, but change the IAs to be non axe mode 9on a switch by switch basis). you can tell the MFC to ignore the AXE and you can set non FX blocks - things like modifyers - to either revert to on, or off on patch change - or they can be set to keep whatever state they are in at the time (again on a switch by switch basis).

I'd like to be able to set an IA to be in axe mode. Then if i select an axe patch from a song bank I want that IA to sync withe the axe fx. So if the effect is present and on in the patch, the IA reflects that. But I don't want to have the whole pedal board in axe mode, I want it in song mode. Then I can pick which IAs I want to stay in sync with the axe patch. That allows you to have several songs using one axe patch, but with different IA setups when a song is selected on the mfc. I haven't got the mfc yet so maybe there is another way of doing this. I play covers so want to setup an axe preset for each band we cover, then have the pedal board setup for each song.

Axe-FX mode is totally different from Song/Set/standard mode. You set Axe mode on or off, ANA select set/song/standard mode. So yes, set your pedal to Axe mode, and song mode and it will do what you want.

Also (for some of the others), You can select Axe mode so that you get tap tempo, tuner, patch names etc then turn Axe mode for all (or some) of your IAs OF indipendantly - which allows you to control the state of the block from the controller on patch change. all you loose is the bi-colour LEDs. You just have no LED if its bypassed and Green if its on.

Elaborating: I have a MFC on order. But I delved into the manual and I'm thinking about cancelling it. Not that it's not a great device. Love its shape and number of switches and special Axe-Fx support.

But Axe-Fx mode is not for me, it's seems limiting instead of useful. Axe-Fx would force me to do IA tapdancing after switching presets, or to create duplicate presets on the Axe-Fx with different effect states. That's a no-go.

And with Axe-Fx mode off, a lot of the MFC's special advantages disappear, especially when compared to a Gordius or a LF for that matter. No Axe-Fx mode means no MFC preset names, no tuner, no tap tempo, no autom.detecting which effects are present in the current preset, no grouping (apart from Switch Links), no selecting IAs from a list etc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd really love to see that I'm wrong.

So I'm curious if you, MFC-owners, stick to Axe-Fx mode, and how you organize your stuff?

Example: you have a CRUNCH preset with your favorite amp/cab and the effect blocks mentioned below. It's one of your main presets.
a) For one song you need detuning and verb activated.
b) For another: lead boost, OD and delay.
c) For another: MultiDelay and Lowpass filter.
For some of these effects you probably have to use the Reveal switch.

Do you just press IA's on the spot (tapdance) after switching to the preset to get the desired result?
Or do you create 3 variations on the Axe-Fx?

im a total new comer to all of this so I have a question.

how do you want to do it other than those two ways?

(I just dont have the experience so I dont know whats possible)

I'm looking at picking up an MFC-101. I was thinking that I would run it in 10 preset and 7 IA switches. 10 presets being for different patches and 7 IA switches controlling tuner, tempo, boost, and looper functions. Would the MFC auto-load the preset names of my 10 patches or would I have to write them myself? Sorry, but the Axe-FX mode confuses me and I remember reading somewhere that you could set a particular switch to axe-fx mode and wouldn't have to set the whole board to it??? Also, can the MFC do step-thru (such as stepping through to a lead boost on a patch if you click the same switch again after you have selected the patch)?

Back
Top Bottom