What’s the latency on the Axe III?

IRC it's 2 ms on the AXE III.
IMO it shouldn't vary depending on the blocks, this is no Kemper, isn't it? ;)

EDIT: Actually it varies depending on drive or amp blocks, view link below.

Last edited:
In addition to the amp and drive blocks: The pitch block adds quite a bit more latency than either the amp or drive blocks. Feedback send/return adds 16 samples. Compression lookahead also adds latency. I believe that's the entire list, aside from blocks where delay is an intended feature of the effect.

It's so good, it actually plays the notes before you do!
On the II I still remember first getting the sensation that the unit seemed to know what I was gonna play, esp. if you use a wedge in front of you.

The day Cliff manages to get negative numbers for latency is when the potential for a Talent Block will increase. Just a little more patience -- he's just milliseconds away from it, ATM! ;)

Its funny. I remember having to adjust for latency in POD 1. You'd play a note, and then look up something on Netscape... then get the note output.

I instinctually avoid latency to this day. I go S/PDIF to my interface to avoid the added conversion and latency even though I can't really tell the difference. I windowshop Amazon digital patchbays so I can imagine plugging in other crap without added AD/DA trips.

I may have a problem mentally.

Back
Top Bottom