well i just did it !!

rectifier

Inspired
just ordered the standard,,yea i know i should have got the ultra but funds are tight and imagine i wont use half the stuff in it...i just like a heavy guitar sound with the basic effects,delay,reverb,chorus...and a little wah.. i also scored a carvin dcm1500 off cheezbay...i hope the standard will continue to be updated and part of the fractal lineup...like most pc's 2 years and its obsolete...if i like it i can always sell it later and get the ultra,,there are always folks looking for a used one,,hell i know i was but could never find one so pulled the trigger...id like to thank everyone here that posted clips and gave info that ultimately let me make my decision to make the purchase.. when i get it i will make an in depth review hopefully good..lol

........lets hear it for another lonely standard user...yay !

Welcome aboard! And there's nothing wrong with buying a standard, many people are *very* happy with one. Even just a "humble" standard is very likely to beat every piece of gear you ever owned and will definitely blow your mind.

Daniel

Congrats, I used to have the Ultra and switched to the Standard. I didn't use the extra features. The standard is more than enough unless you use tons of effects and multiple amps/cabinets.

now i get to pester everybody with questions...wait? i already have been doing that..hehe
but am gonna need an infusion of info when i get it hooked up....i hope my cab will suffice,its a marshall 1960A.. it didnt sound very good with my roadster..time will tell..its also good to know others are satisfied with the standard...whoo hoo.. :mrgreen:

Take it from a long time Marshall loyalist and former Carvin legacy owner..... you will NOT be dissapointed!

thanks guys!...i listened to a friends line6 combo amp today..i guess its the new one that bogner had a hand in?..it said bogner on the front...that was odd ..but i dont follow modeler stuff..(only the axe}.. :D ...but that thing did not sound very good even with the tube power section that was built in...very thin sounding...or course he may not have had it dialed in..lol

rectifier said:
........lets hear it for another lonely standard user...yay !

Don't sweat it, I've had the Standard for 2 years. It's the sh!t.

Somehow there's an impression that it's some sort of 'lesser' model. You'll be able to do things you can't believe with it. The Ultra just has a bit more for those who really want to go crazy. I've run some pretty crazy CPU intensive patches without a hitch, so enjoy.

You can't lose either way.

And read up.

The guy who posted that comment doesn't even own one. So think about that.

Plus, I'm guessing the guy who's actually using it might not know how to dial it in.

This is a difficult box to use if you are only familiar with 4 or 5 knob amps.

Just pulled the trigger myself on a Standard! I'm so excited! I got to demo an Ultra at Tone Merchants and was sold pretty quickly. Decided to get the standard though because funds are tight and I want to by the FR amp that Atomic is going to be releasing soon. Now I just need to learn how to use the thing :roll: Wish me luck haha.

good to have company locrian,,,and your prolly right james... there are alot of bashers out there that have never tried the thing...i still have my early dual rec...just sold a mesa roadster,and a randall rm100..to my ears all the modules sounded the same,,and the modded ones just had different eq values..but sounded the same.?..and they put so much crap on the new mesa stuff to tone went out the window...now they are doing it again with the mark iv..
every place i played my mesa at it sounded different,sometimes terrible.

Back
Top Bottom