Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
Of course, I'm requesting the clean guitar you hear right at the start of the track... (Is that even a guitar?) Whatever, I can't dial it in... Does anyone have a good preset for this?

Typical 70's thing, shouldn't be hard to create.
You need a "rusty chorus/trem" and you have to pick really close to the bridge
to get that hollow effect.
My UAD chorus would nail that in no time, in the AXE it might take longer.

;)

AndrewSimon said:
Typical 70's thing, shouldn't be hard to create.
You need a "rusty chorus/trem" and you have to pick really close to the bridge
to get that hollow effect.
My UAD chorus would nail that in no time, in the AXE it might take longer.

;)
'Typical 70s thing?' :shock: Exactly what is a 'rusty' chorus :?

I have the chorus down, no problem. It's the EQing that I can't get. I've got a GEQ and a PEQ working together to try and push a narrow band of mids and the very low end whilst scooping the rest. Still can't get the low end to sound punchy enough. Compressor doesn't seem to help. I'm using the FAS Clean model -- might try a different one.

I can't tell from the original track whether there's a second guitar that comes in at 0:25, as this riff sounds like it has more bass and less mids.

I thought I read somwhere that James used a JC 120, I could be wrong, but there is definitely a piano tracked with it.

MarkR said:
I thought I read somwhere that James used a JC 120, I could be wrong, but there is definitely a piano tracked with it.
Aha! I thought there might be some trickery like that going on. :twisted:

MarkR said:

James used the JC 120 on the black album, but not on MOP. Anyway, it should get you in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom