Weird chorus-y sound when palm muting

foureyees

Searched around and not sure if this has been discussed before. Long time user of AX8 and recently moved to an FM9. I was auditioning the factory presets today and noticed whenever I palm mute single notes, I get a strange chrorus-like, doubled guitar sound. Anyone else experience this? It's much more noticeable with higher gain patches. I'm playing a Gibson ES-335 straight into the unit (patch 023 Friedman BE-100) and into headphones. Any help/advice would be much appreciated as it's quite annoying!

I guess I can't post URL's until I've posted 10 posts. If you'd like to hear the short sound cloud link, PM me.

Multiple IRs in the Cab block?

Have you tried turning off the Input Gate to see if makes any difference.

For some reason, I don't hear what the OP is speaking about. Unless there are stereo speakers (dual speakers in the cab block; be sure the CABs are aligned within CAB), there shouldn't be any phase issues. With just an amp and cab (stereo unaligned might produce a chorus-like effect), I'm not sure what the issue is...

I think I hear what you're talking about, and I get similar effects. It's subtle but audible. I suspect it's related to the IRs. I can say that working with both AXE II and FM9 with real amplifiers in the loop and no virtual amp block, I get a bit of chorus or wah effect like this. It's worse with some IRs than others. Could be a natural comb-filter effect from IRs that have mixed microphones. You might try some single-mic IRs. Sometimes it annoys me, but overall I don't notice much.

Multiple IRs in the Cab block?

Have you tried turning off the Input Gate to see if makes any difference.
That was the 1st thing I tried, makes no difference.

Listening back to the sound clip on my Macbook speakers I don't seem to notice it as much as I did last night on my in ear monitors! I'll try running one cab instead of two. @elvis theory might be right.

Back
Top Bottom