Warranty Question

aemery

Does anyone know if opening up my FM9 will void my warranty? The piece that I plug my power cable in is wiggly on one corner and I'm curious if a clip broke off. I feel a concerning level of give when I'm pulling the power cable out of the unit. It's definitely not snug like on my FM3 or Helix were. I want to open it up to check it out, but don't want to void my warranty. My biggest concern is that this slowly wears and then ends up giving out when I'm out of my warranty period.

I also have two switches that aren't as smooth as every other switch I've seen on Fractal products. 7 or the 9 switches are smooth, no matter which angle the pressure on the switch comes from. Two switches have resistance like they are caught on something if not pressed straight down. None of the switches on my FM3 or FC6 behaved in this manner. Once again, not necessarily worried about the short term viability of the switch, but I am worried about the potential long term wearing effects on these switches.

I would call Fractal Audio directly. They will likely authorize you to open the case and assist with inspection. But opening and repairing anything inside or out without their authorization could void the warranty.

From the FM9 manual: “Unauthorized service, repair or modification will void this warranty.”

There is another thread on this exact issue. It looks like it may be an issue that they will have to figure out how to deal with. Something must be a little different with this housing compared to the FC12, or it is an issue with when they stamped the hole for the plug. I would contact support.

Back
Top Bottom