Walk-through of my Axe FX/MFC101 fly rig!

Thanks for sharing that

What Suhr is that?

I can't find it on the website. In the video I can't quite make out the model. I hear Suhr S then I can't hear what comes after that.

Looks like a cross between the S1 and C1 or Classic.

At first I thought it was an S1 with all single coils, but the patch chord plug is in the wrong place for that and looks more like the Classic. But then I noticed there is only 1 volume and 1 tone where the C1 has 1 volume 2 tone.

Pete,

Thanks for once again sharing your knowledge and experience. I look forward to trying out some of your patch settings. I've always been a big fan of the plexi 2 model, but I've never tried messing with the transformer settings.

By the way, Guitar Nerd is an absolutely awesome album. I've lost count how many times I've listened to it. Do you think you'll ever put out more solo stuff in the future?

Keep up the good work!

I'll be checking out Pete Thorn in Richmond tonight. Looking forward to hearing such a great player make this thing rock!!!!

Thanks for sharing that

What Suhr is that?

I can't find it on the website. In the video I can't quite make out the model. I hear Suhr S then I can't hear what comes after that.

Looks like a cross between the S1 and C1 or Classic.

At first I thought it was an S1 with all single coils, but the patch chord plug is in the wrong place for that and looks more like the Classic. But then I noticed there is only 1 volume and 1 tone where the C1 has 1 volume 2 tone.

Hi, It's a Classic S, that was spec'd out by a customer, and then the customer decided not to take it. I tried it at the Suhr shop and fell in love with it, it's just a great guitar.

Pete,

Thanks for once again sharing your knowledge and experience. I look forward to trying out some of your patch settings. I've always been a big fan of the plexi 2 model, but I've never tried messing with the transformer settings.

By the way, Guitar Nerd is an absolutely awesome album. I've lost count how many times I've listened to it. Do you think you'll ever put out more solo stuff in the future?

Keep up the good work!

hey thanks! Glad you dig the album!! :) Yes I'll definitely be doing more music like this...

Hi Pete - I'm going to revive this thread as I've found it really helpful when setting up my new-to-me Axe Fx. I'm so used to running all my effects in series that I thought I would give your layout a try. After doing so, I found I really liked having the dry signal pass through while the delay and verb ran in parallel. My question is in balancing volumes. I noticed it was really hard to balance the levels when the effect was engaged verses the bypassed signal. I did set the effect mixes at 100%. How do I set up the volumes so that there isn't a drop in volume when the parallel effects are engaged?

PS. the tip about the HF transformer setting is killer! very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom