Waiting list

momogris

Good evening, everybody!

New to the forum and hopefully to Fractal. I've just joined the waiting list for the new FM9 Turbo (I'm coming from Helix LT).

How is it going with the timing???? After years of use I´m not happy with Helix, even with IRS from Ownhammer (that definitely improved the sound).

It's still sounds sterile to me. Please, tell me that the FM9 it's going to be wayyyyy better in that department!!!

Thanks so much in advance!

of course, it's a matter of taste. don't expect anyone on this forum to deny the FM9's superiority over the Helix.

Ja,ja,ja. I expected that. If I'm here it's because I'm not happy with Helix.

Do you know if (for now) the waiting list is for many months?????

Thanks again!!!

FWIW, I think a whole lot of folks jumped on the list at the end of August and start of September '21, and it [edit] hopefully will [edit] thin out from there. Just a bunch of those initial orders to get through and it'll pick up the pace. HOPEFULLY will pick up the pace after those initial orders, depending on availability.

The FM3 is an awesome unit. But it's use case is different. The modeling is the same on all units but the reduced CPU power requires some compromises that you won't experience on the FM9. For example the FM3 does not support dual amp blocks. The FM9 does support dual amp blocks. The total number of blocks you can put in a preset is less on the FM3. But the FM3 is cheaper, smaller, lighter and available for immediate purchase, at least last time I looked. If you prefer large, kitchen sink presets then it is probably worth waiting. If you want to save some bucks, don't want super complex presets, and don't want to wait then the FM3 is a great option.

@momogris what kind of tones do you usually like? If you were doing a rig with a real amp and pedals what amp or amps would you use? What ALL would you want on your pedalboard?

Edit: oh yeah. You have a Helix. What all is in your favorite preset on that?

That info could help determine if the FM3 would work well for you.

The FM3 is an awesome unit. But it's use case is different. The modeling is the same on all units but the reduced CPU power requires some compromises that you won't experience on the FM9. For example the FM3 does not support dual amp blocks. The FM9 does support dual amp blocks. The total number of blocks you can put in a preset is less on the FM3. But the FM3 is cheaper, smaller, lighter and available for immediate purchase, at least last time I looked. If you prefer large, kitchen sink presets then it is probably worth waiting. If you want to save some bucks, don't want super complex presets, and don't want to wait then the FM3 is a great option.
Thanks for taking the time to answer! Yes, the problem I see with the Fm3 is getting limited since the start, because as you use the unit and get confident with it, you start demanding more and more and thinking about new sounds doing this or that.

For example, I love to use two reverbs, once before the amp (Plate reverb) and one after it (hall or studio reverb). Even if they are not engaged at the same time, I don't think you can do it with the Fm3. Same with delays and modulations. In this case I think you can run two of them.

Fm9 is more money but it´s not double the price and I think you get more than doble the features and it is future proof.

Anyway, as you said, it's use case is different.

Thanks!!!

@momogris what kind of tones do you usually like? If you were doing a rig with a real amp and pedals what amp or amps would you use? What ALL would you want on your pedalboard?

Edit: oh yeah. You have a Helix. What all is in your favorite preset on that?

That info could help determine if the FM3 would work well for you.
Thanks for answering!!! cool people in this forum and very helpful.

As I was telling to Iskottk, I like to use two reverbs (one in front the amp and one after) two modulations and two delays.

Not interested at all in two amps and I know you use channels to load up to four amps (jejeje, I've been reading and watching a lot of youtube videos).

I think I will wait for a few months to Fm9 and if I still don't have it for Christmas then I´ll have to decide.

One thing that I don't like and I hope they implement it's the ability to change any parameter (and any number of them) between scenes (snapshots in Helix) but not in a fix percentage for all of them but in any way and individually.

I'm decided to buy a unit from fractal to see if I can feel the guitar a bit more alive than with the Helix, which is a very good unit otherwise.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom