Wah Suggestions

I've collected these settings over the years and I really can't recall where I found or obtained each individual setting. The ones I was able to compare to the real thing seemed to be in the ballpark though. But I never played a real JC, so if you say these settings aren't accurate I'm certainly not going to argue about that with anyone.

The Cantrell wah was Yek's. I think it might have been me that made most of the other ones. (A long time ago for one of the "Mother of all"- threads.)
Used the spec sheets on the manufacturer's site to get the frequency ranges for the different models.

The Cantrell wah was Yek's. I think it might have been me that made most of the other ones. (A long time ago for one of the "Mother of all"- threads.)

In that case, you and the Yekster did a fine job indeed. I honestly don't remember collecting these settings, the file in which I saved these settings dates back to 2013, so yeah, in any case a long time ago. I know for a fact and would like to underline that none of them was mine (I was just the scavenger who collected them) and that the Bad Horsie was spot on, because at the time I owned the real thing and the sound and feel where too close to call.

It certainly seems like the settings @Will Schut posted were all pretty close to the settings I posted from Sweetwater. Unfortunately, the other settings (resonance, tracking, drive, fat) have such a HUGE affect on the wah character that having the sweep start/end is only half the picture.

I guess what's important is simply finding a wah that sounds good. If it's an accurate version of a hardware pedal different that what you expected, I suppose is kind of irrelevant.

It could be a model named "Susan" for all I care, but if it sounds as good or better than a hardware favorite, say my Teese rmc4, then I couldn't be happier

I updated these. The values are the same as before but I updated the controls for consistency. All blocks are set to External 2, Log 15, off value 6% (my pedal droops some) and fast position (just because that's what I like and use :D).

I didn't make these originally, I just collected them a long time ago, so I've forgotten the various people that made them. I doubt that are 100% accurate but they are a good place to start.

Edit: Didn't realize blocks saved on/off state for scenes, these were on for scenes 2-8. Fixed so default in off state for all scenes. Sorry about that.
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. The JB wah is my fav

In that case, you and the Yekster did a fine job indeed. I honestly don't remember collecting these settings, the file in which I saved these settings dates back to 2013, so yeah, in any case a long time ago. I know for a fact and would like to underline that none of them was mine (I was just the scavenger who collected them) and that the Bad Horsie was spot on, because at the time I owned the real thing and the sound and feel where too close to call.
Too kind Will. Nice to receive that feedback from you, being from the same neck of the woods and all. We'll talk wah's when we meet again on a future Axe Fest ;)

I didn't make these originally, I just collected them a long time ago, so I've forgotten the various people that made them. I doubt that are 100% accurate but they are a good place to start.

Edit: Didn't realize blocks saved on/off state for scenes, these were on for scenes 2-8. Fixed so default in off state for all scenes. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

I tried to slide these into my FX8 and was rejected. Are these true blks? I have not had this issue in the past.

Strange? Do you have the most current firmware? You can trade blk. file across all devises.

Back
Top Bottom