Wah and Whammy with 1x EV-1 in same Preset

steveforward

Inspired
Usually before, I'd put the whammy on a single scene, but I'm looking for a way to do this if possible, so that the wah block and pitch block cancel each other out somehow? effectively giving me a "scene ignore" style but with one EV-1. impossible, probably.. lol

now that I have literally an extra 10% CPU to play with, I've made a new patch to add 3 more amps, tremolo, phaser, delay, reverb, chorus, and pitch block, amongst others.

I have the scenes laid out like this, mapped to an FC-6...

View 1
Button 1 - Scene 1+5 - ENGL - Tap Toggle - Rhythm/Lead - Hold (Tuner/Mute)
Button 2 - Scene 2+6 - Brit Brown - Tap Toggle - Rhythm/Lead - Hold (Chorus Toggle)
Button 3 - Comp Pedal Toggle - Hold > View 2
Button 4 - Scene 3+7 - 6160 Block - Tap Toggle - Rhythm/Lead
Button 5 - Scene 4+8 - Clean 1 + Clean 2 - Tap Toggle
Button 6 - Phaser Pedal Toggle - Hold Script 90 or Univibe

View 2
Button 1 - Looper - Record/OD
Button 2 - Looper - Play/Stop
Button 3 - Looper - Erase
Button 4 - Back to View 1
Button 5 - (possible pitch block on/off?)
Button 6 - Delay on/off - Hold Reverb on/off

If I could somehow stop the Wah from turning on when I enable the Whammy (Pitch Block) I'd have everything I need in one scene, with room for trem/panner block, and a flanger block too. Insane.

TIA.

Usually before, I'd put the whammy on a single scene, but I'm looking for a way to do this if possible, so that the wah block and pitch block cancel each other out somehow? effectively giving me a "scene ignore" style but with one EV-1. impossible, probably.. lol

now that I have literally an extra 10% CPU to play with, I've made a new patch to add 3 more amps, tremolo, phaser, delay, reverb, chorus, and pitch block, amongst others.

I have the scenes laid out like this, mapped to an FC-6...

View 1
Button 1 - Scene 1+5 - ENGL - Tap Toggle - Rhythm/Lead - Hold (Tuner/Mute)
Button 2 - Scene 2+6 - Brit Brown - Tap Toggle - Rhythm/Lead - Hold (Chorus Toggle)
Button 3 - Comp Pedal Toggle - Hold > View 2
Button 4 - Scene 3+7 - 6160 Block - Tap Toggle - Rhythm/Lead
Button 5 - Scene 4+8 - Clean 1 + Clean 2 - Tap Toggle
Button 6 - Phaser Pedal Toggle - Hold Script 90 or Univibe

View 2
Button 1 - Looper - Record/OD
Button 2 - Looper - Play/Stop
Button 3 - Looper - Erase
Button 4 - Back to View 1
Button 5 - (possible pitch block on/off?)
Button 6 - Delay on/off - Hold Reverb on/off

If I could somehow stop the Wah from turning on when I enable the Whammy (Pitch Block) I'd have everything I need in one scene, with room for trem/panner block, and a flanger block too. Insane.

TIA.

How do you turn on the wah block? Do you use the auto-engage feature? If so, you can use that Button 5 on your View 2 to toggle between Wah and Pitch... This video posted above shows a very good method to implement that... I use a version of what Cooper teaches in the video, but my expression pedal has a toe switch, that I use to toggle between Wah and Pitch blocks. Works like a charm!

Ive gone with CCarters method, amazing work, I can now add in my tremolo/panner, and flanger block. current CPU use for all of this 71%. absolutely insane work on this beta firmware, I'm in heaven.

I Add some external switches on the EV2(EX2 WAHAMY),so Wah & pitch auto engage when moving off Heel (left-hand) 1 external switches wah ON/OFF an the right cycles the Channels ABCD on the advanced whammy block controller which goes -24-0 , 0+24, -12-0, 0-0 pitch swings.
The tactical use is affect the dive bomb range mid flight.

the other Ev2 extra controls the Hold/Stack on echos/reverbs.

Attachments

• WAHMY.jpg
    WAHMY.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
Excellent content!

Can you set up the expression pedal to control wah/whammy just like in the video but also controlling parameters like tremolo speed, reverb decay/mix, delay feedback etc.? In that way I could get away with only one expression pedal instead of two.

In my setup I would love to have my expression pedal controlling this within the same preset
Scene 1: wah
Scene 2: delay feedback
Scene 3: wah
Scene 4: tremolo speed
Scene 5: reverb mix
Scene 6: whammy

Is there a way to do this?

Back
Top Bottom