Volume Swell Pedal Calibration

I'm having some trouble getting a smooth volume swell with my EV-1. I've calibrated the pedal on the FM3 but there's a noticeable jump especially with mid-high gain at the very beginning of the sweep. It's not bad, it's just not as smooth as it would be using an analog volume pedal. Should I be changing any of the parameters in my volume block to optimize for swells? Right now everything is default with the volume pedal at the beginning of my signal chain.

I was running into that issue a bit as well. Are you hoping to increase the amount of gain along with the volume, like riding your guitar volume or just the overall volume of the preset?

When I moved the volume black to after the cab, I got smoother results, but that’s just effecting the overall volume, not the gain/distortion.

I was running into that issue a bit as well. Are you hoping to increase the amount of gain along with the volume, like riding your guitar volume or just the overall volume of the preset?

When I moved the volume black to after the cab, I got smoother results, but that’s just effecting the overall volume, not the gain/distortion.
Yeah, in my situation I'm needing to control the amount of gain along with the volume.

You can also tweak the modifier curve shape to fine tune the response even further. Changing the MID value will approximate different Log curves as well.

That's basically what's happening when you select the different volume tapers. Log30a means at the halfway point in the virtual volume control's range, the output signal level is at 30%. Log20a is at 20%, Log10a is at 10% etc. The A refers to the logarithmic or audio taper of the pot. Midpoint with a linear pot is 50% and they are usually denoted with a B taper number.

Like this:
tapers.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom