Vivian Campbell 2024 Tone

I haven’t listened to anything from these guys for a long long time but that was pretty cool and instantly recognizable as them.

I'd image it's still the same rig Vivs had for a while
Phil's tech is on here so might be able to help

If you look on the thread relating to Phil's gift of tone you'll see his username - I can't remember if

I'd image it's still the same rig Vivs had for a while
Phil's tech is on here so might be able to help

If you look on the thread relating to Phil's gift of tone you'll see his username - I can't remember if
Yea I have the Phil GOT but it doesn't sound like that. It sounds like they may have changed up a few things.

Yea I have the Phil GOT but it doesn't sound like that. It sounds like they may have changed up a few things.
Yep they're always changing stuff. JZ.. Phil's tech, told me he doesn't know what Viv is doing with his setup, so unless that has changed, I doubt he has much info. I expect they're both using the same JMP 1 amp model, but after that it's anyone's guess.

The tone from that recent clip doesn't sound much like the gift of tone version to me. Maybe it sounds different on an Axe-Fx III

great! - I'll come out of concert attendance retirement if they do a tour setlist heavy on songs from those 1st 3 brilliant albums.

Last edited:
great! - I'll come out of concert attendance retirement if they do a tour setlist heavy on songs from those 1st 3 brilliant albums.
Well the current tour is celebrating Pyromania so you've got a few from that, hence they're playing coming under fire for the first time.
I don't think you'll get much joy from the first album though.

Viv's new tech and I did a good bit of work on the sounds before this run. I'll look into their thoughts on releasing a preset or two.
Even if they don't want to release any actual presets, just some info on what's in the preset would be great 😊

So do we think Cooper Carter can get the preset from this year. I like it for a rhythm sound.

It saddens me greatly when great singers' voices inevitably betray them to lesser or greater degrees. Always loved Joe's tone and grit. I'd love to try a preset of this tone.

Just got back from the Arlington show. Viv's tone was so good. It was much better than Phil's which was also good. @Cooper Carter any luck on getting a patch or info on one.
Don't let JZ see that comment.. sacrilege!

In all fairness I think the main tone difference between the two is the guitars they use and the style they have. Since being in Leppard, Viv has always had that really nice legato style, and I guess on the Les Paul's it sounds really good. Phil is a lot more aggressive, more attack on the strings.
It's a good combo between the two guys in that respect

Back
Top Bottom