Bug? virtual capo

stephanfm3

Inspired
hello, i am very new to the fractal world with the fm3 turbo. everything works fine and i am starting to understand more end more.
however, the virtual capo in the pitch block drives me nuts. apart from the downtuned tone it also lets the original tone through, which sound weird when you just tune one step down. (no, i am not hearing my guitar string, it comes from the speaker :) )
because i had it working some days ago, i don't know if it is a bug or if i am just to stupid.
however, i also did it exactly with the same settings in the same preset as cooper cart did in his tutorial video (), same unsatisfying result.
can someone help me?
thanks!

It sounds like you have both the dry (un-shifted) and the wet (fully shifted) in the mix of the pitch block. Change the output or mix of the pitch block to be 100% wet (no dry pass through).

hi, thanks for taking the time to answer.
i have the exact same settings as in the example video at about min 2:20.
or are you referring to differnt settings?
maybe i messed up a global setting?

can someone help me?
Hey, welcome!
If you can upload your preset, you will get an accurate answer and maybe a few good tips for the starters.
It's impossible to guess all the settings of your preset, so discussing via text can take a few pages and seem not very productive.
It's always better to upload a preset and enjoy the answers :)

Though I'm pretty sure Doogz got it right, or you have two parallel lines of sound and have Pitch block processing only one of them.

Preset works fine for me on Ax3 - no unshifted signal coming through
I tried it on FM3 and it seems to me that I also hear an unfiltered clean signal. But I never use pitch block like this so no idea if this is how it should sound.

@stephanfm3 maybe try and record a few notes / slow lines and attach them here?

i am so embarrassed ... sorry for wasting your guys precious time.
it were them damn strings. omg, sorry. shame on me.
i could have sworn ... recording before the out with the looper and playing it back revealed my mistake.
thanks Chromatizm for the tip.

can an admin delete this painful thread please?

however, seems to be a great community here 👍

Do you play loud enough that you really don’t hear your Guitars acoustic Tone! Maybe try with a closed Headphone. I had the same thing playing at bedroom levels with the virtual capo!

Back
Top Bottom