[Video] Tips for asking for help on the Fractal Audio Forum

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
the forum is a great place to get help from other experienced users and even the developers themselves. but there are effective ways to ask for help, and some non-effective ways as well. in this video i give some tips for asking for help. posts with the right information can help us help you faster and more accurately.

0:57 - Posting in the correct Sub-Forum
2:00 - Try a search first
3:20 - Effective Post Titles
5:52 - Effective Post Descriptions
7:45 - Exporting and Uploading a Preset
10:46 - Uploading a Screenshot
12:46 - Post your current Firmware Version
14:17 - Adding computer, other gear, etc. details
17:58 - Check your thread shortly after posting

Very nice @chris! I like how you broke out each idea into a nice clickable link. Sometimes seeing a 20 minute video is daunting, having sections/chapters like you have make getting to the point much easier. BTW, the clickable links are viewable in youtube directly. I wish youtube had a nicer way to navigate the sections/chapters especially when the content is embedded.

Very nice @chris! I like how you broke out each idea into a nice clickable link. Sometimes seeing a 20 minute video is daunting, having sections/chapters like you have make getting to the point much easier. BTW, the clickable links are viewable in youtube directly. I wish youtube had a nicer way to navigate the sections/chapters especially when the content is embedded.
Yeah that “chapter” thing on YouTube is a recent update. I really like that! Before you could only click the times in the description, which nobody (in general I mean) read of course ;)

True!

Although never underestimate the clickbait potential of a very vague title.
Absolutely. It can be used for great effect!

True!

Although never underestimate the clickbait potential of a very vague title.
That face you make when you read a vague/cryptic post title:
f54eb8a70d58c1c8dbce0a8f739292cb.jpg

it's probably too long for people to want to watch. maybe i'll make a shorter one first.

it's probably too long for people to want to watch. maybe i'll make a shorter one first.
Make a shorter one that simply says "WATCH THE LONGER ONE!" :)

It's an excellent video and covers all the points I used to harp on when helping others on a different, programming related, site. My catch phrase was "Help us help you."

Back
Top Bottom