Vicarious - Tool, Tone Match

ichorus

Inspired
Hey folks, here is Vicarious. I would've added it to the Jambi one but I think that title is missleading now that there is a preset in there finally. :D

SO, the source for this was pretty terrible once I heard it at home (work mac must be different) I thought I would leave this one.
However, it seems to have come out far better than the source.
If anyone has some Tool Stems, please share.

I took a shot at the very 1st riff with delay, don't think it's quite right.
View attachment Vicarious Delay.syx
And here is Rhythm Preset
View attachment Vicarious.syx
Here it is in action.

Anyway again, hope this is of use to someone.

Am a big Tool fan. Thanks.
Sounds spot on to me

Do some Undertow next ??
:)

I need to learn how to get it... Tone matching.
Tried it,and it was ,so.. so.

I need to learn how to get it... Tone matching.
Tried it,and it was ,so.. so.

For Tool definitely the BRIT PRE AMP, I tried a few and it just seems right.
And don't use a CAB, I have used it with other bands but Adam's tone must just work right without it on the AXE after matching.

This sounds amazing being played through my rig, thanks much for the share! Might even have to make a cover

This sounds amazing being played through my rig, thanks much for the share! Might even have to make a cover

Make sure you share it here if you do a cover.
I am thinking about a cover with me on Guitar, Bass, Singing and Programmed Drums.
Not sure about sharing that though, I'm not a confident singer haha.

For Tool definitely the BRIT PRE AMP, I tried a few and it just seems right.
And don't use a CAB, I have used it with other bands but Adam's tone must just work right without it on the AXE after matching.

I went for a Undertow tone match. Sounds ok. Will try some more. I think i got some good Quicksand sounds..from it. Just tried some light Chorus.. he he

If you do a Tutorial. It would be realy nice!

If you do a Tutorial. It would be realy nice!

The video is going to be pretty basic, add amp, adjust, add TMA, set up out puts etc record Y play X and adjust :) Well maybe not that basic haha.
But I'll explain some things I guess people are missing.

Another one did it. Got it now.. or i learn`d nothing new,he he

I did a Helmet song Tone match. Sounded good.

Sounds very close! I'm wondering how this translates in a band setting.

I think his live tones are pretty different than his recording tones, There are pic's floating around the net of his Diezel VH4 and he run's the mid's dimed live, when I have set my VH4 up like his it a pretty awesome tone but it dont sound like the album's IMHO

That TM of the recording is bad ass, thanks for posting!!

I think his live tones are pretty different than his recording tones, There are pic's floating around the net of his Diezel VH4 and he run's the mid's dimed live, when I have set my VH4 up like his it a pretty awesome tone but it dont sound like the album's IMHO

That TM of the recording is bad ass, thanks for posting!!

this one is a lil older but might be interesting, concerning the making of 10,000 days:
Recording Tools "10,000 Days Album-Mixing Tool's 10,000 Days record
and live stuff
DunlopTV - Tool's Guitar Tech Chris Leahey - YouTube

but dont believe what you see
;) cheers!

Back
Top Bottom