Verve 12a vs. Verve 12ma

Moving forward with unleashing the Ultra beast I'm looking into the FRFR options and the Verve speakers. Has anybody had a chance to compare these two options ? Whats the difference between the 12a and 12ma? is one just a monitor version ? do they have similiar tone / response?

Thanks in advance ~

I think the 12A has no coaxial design, so bass and tweeter separate, means amp section the same, speaker section not. Plus the housing is different, more volume, no monitor shape.

Haven't tried either of them and wondering too if someone played the 12A.

The coaxial speaker in the 12ma will have all frequencies coming from the same "area", the 12 inch speaker (highs come out of the center of it). It's designed to present all the frequencies "gelled" together at a relatively close range, thus the floor monitor design, but with ability to put it on a speaker pole as well. The sound does not change very much as you move off axis.

The 12a has highs coming out of a separate horn with a narrower dispersion area (up close). This is typical of most FRFR out there. If you move off axis, the sound will change a lot more than the 12ma. This is also typical of most FRFR.

I use an 8ma (also coaxial) and I prefer the coaxial for on-stage monitoring. If you use the 12ma as a monitor wedge for the axe-fx it'll work/sound better (sound more gelled and consistent) on stage as you perform and move around than the 12a. The 12a is more of an actual PA speaker than a floor wedge.

Solo -

Thanks for the explanation - sheds some light on my unfavorable experience with some gigantic QSC towers yesterday :mrgreen: pretty horrible....

Tried my buddies JBL Eons today, and while a 100% improvement over yesterdays test, I know the JBL's are pretty horrible themselves, which leads me to believe the Verve's will have the voice of Angels :lol:

Thanks again ~
Steve E

Back
Top Bottom