Verellen Meatsmoke!

zmuno98

Hey all! Been super into the rhythm tones on Good Tiger's 2018 album "We Will All Be Gone," which uses a Verellen Meatsmoke head (sometimes blended with a '90s Dual Rec) for the majority of the tones. It's mainly used as a bass amp, but the band ran guitars through it as well! I've linked a good example of the tone, very snarly and super open too. Curious if anyone has some insight into which amps in the Axe-Fx are most similar to the Meatsmoke! I've been loving the new 2203 High model for getting in the ballpark, but the Meatsmoke has a different flavor. Thank you!

My friend and I did a road trip to Seattle a few years back and visited Ben's shop. He's a very nice, smart guy but the bulk of his work was custom stuff and I think that made it hard to be profitable. My friend plays bass and the Meatsmoke is his dream amp, but they're no longer being made. I almost pulled the trigger on a Skyhammer (I think that was the model name.) preamp pedal when we were there, but my AxeFX II talked me out of it.

Back
Top Bottom