Vai Tones?

bassguy

I thought I could easily get something similar to these tones but I’m having a hard time... I’m guessing fender twin on the cleans? The effects are killin me... Then again I am a bassist :lol:

anyway... Boston rain melody clean around 30 sec. and the drive around 2min...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUQfvbBRnZs

And this "feathers" @ around 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BciW13f0v30

If you more experienced folk could point me in the right general direction Id be grateful...

I also play a lot of Vai's songs and I'm struggling to get some really close tones.
There's a "Legacy Lead" inspired to Vai patch on Axe Edit but it's no close to the original.
It would be great to have a nice lead sound, a clean one, and the classic mid gain with light crunch break that Vai uses also in Tender Surrender...

Try that one and tell me what you think.
It even has two Pitch effects and I use an expression pedal to switch from clean to overdrive amp.
It´s made for the ULTRA.

Attachments

• Clean_Lead 777.syx
    2 KB · Views: 251
Thanks, Ill give it a try.

I also play a lot of Vai's songs and I'm struggling to get some really close tones.
There's a "Legacy Lead" inspired to Vai patch on Axe Edit but it's no close to the original.
It would be great to have a nice lead sound, a clean one, and the classic mid gain with light crunch break that Vai uses also in Tender Surrender...

Yeah I have that one and I tweaked it a little... Messed with the delay mostly and came up with a "live at the Astoria" rhythm kinda tone... still need to tweak a little more for a lead tone. Havent played with it too much.

That first one is pretty simple. Just use a single coil guitar and a fender sim. That deluxe one with master at 10. Light chorus. The second one is a weird tone. It's like a clean tone and a distorted wah tone mixed together. Should be easy with Axe though. ;) No idea what to use for leads.

Hey Sledge that preset is pretty damn good... A little messing about and I could come pretty close to a few different vai tones... Thanks again!

Now I just need a Jack Butler tone and Ill be set :D

Back
Top Bottom