using the EBtech 2 channel hum eliminator with the 4cm

sarge

Power User
I have recently gone through a bunch of the threads on issues with hum when using the 4cm with an amp.

Tried it with my amp and I get massive hum. Just not usable. But definately sounds like the 60hz ground loop thing going on.

I have read a few people have used the Ebtech hum eliminator and had good results
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ebtech-2-Ch ... 1124324.gc

A couple of questions
1. At what points in the cable connections should I hook this up?
2. Any comments on how well this worked or didn't?

I would really love to use the Ultra as my complete effects setup for my amp.

I've got both. The Hum-X works, but only in certain configurations (equivalent to just lifting the ground.)

The Ebtech is the bees knees, as far as I'm concerned, and has a permanent place in my gig bag. I get ground loops a lot when connecting up, for example, a Voice Live 2 and my Axe (and other modelers as well, pre-Axe) and it has worked perfectly to quiet every thing down. I haven't tried it in 4CM for a while, although I think I did it once with a Digi GSP1101.

TT

Wow,

This thing really works. Perfect silence. Perhaps maybe a slight, slight hush, but barely audible.

Prior to using it, I tried the 4CM and it was essentially unusable. Hum was so loud it was damn near more appropriate to call it a buzz.

I then took a mic cable and put a transformer on it, connected it to passive output 1 then the effects return on the amp. That cut the hum in half. But at drummer level, the hum was still annoyingly loud.

I got the ebtech hum eliminator today. With the two channels I have it between the Axe FX and the Electra Dyne's main input (don't think this is doing anything) and input 2 and the amps effects send. WOW.

Now it is perfectly usable and sounds killer. Quiet as all get out.

This thing sounds killer with the Electra Dyne.

Back
Top Bottom