Using FM3 with Boss SY1

Basito

Hello community. I am considering to buy an FM3 or OMG9, since the FM9 is sold out in EU at the moment. The questions I have are the following:

1. I would like to continue to use my Boss SY1 guitar synth, but how would I connect that if the regular output 1 goes to FOH and the FX Return goes to my FRFR?

2. Second question: It is not clear from the manual whether the Setlist/Song feature works properly on FM3/OMG9. Any insights from the community?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello!

Q1: depends whether you have your main tone stereo or mono. If its mono, then you could send Out 1 left to FOH,Out1 right to FRFR and use out2 / in 2 for the SY1. Or: hook up the SY1 before the main input 1?

How are you envisioning using the SY1? You could put it in the effects loop on the FM3 on a parallel signal then merge the two signals prior to the output(s). I use a GR-55 which sends a dry signal to my FM3 and both units then feed my looper which then handles the summed output. I'm not familiar with the SY-1 but would something similar be possible?

Also, what do you mean by "I am considering to buy an FM3 or OMG9..." OMG9 is a layout methodology just to be clear.

How are you envisioning using the SY1? You could put it in the effects loop on the FM3 on a parallel signal then merge the two signals prior to the output(s). I use a GR-55 which sends a dry signal to my FM3 and both units then feed my looper which then handles the summed output. I'm not familiar with the SY-1 but would something similar be possible?

Also, what do you mean by "I am considering to buy an FM3 or OMG9..." OMG9 is a layout methodology just to be clear.
Thanks, I meant FM3 plus FC6, bud have decided to wait for the FM9 availability. I thought that OMG9 somehow meant that setup. I now understand that it’s the layout that bears the name

Back
Top Bottom