Using Axe-Fx with Amp and external Pedals

shant

Hi all.

I have currently setup my Axe FX Ultra with the Send/Receive connectivity to my Boogie Mark V amp head also known as the 4 cable method like below

So I can place my Mark V amp anywhere in the chain like this

I recently purchased a Strymon BigSky and I know that we only have one effects Loop block available physically, but given that the BigSky or any other pedal for that matter don't have send/return options, what's the best way to hook up my external pedals to have them after the Mark V in the chain ?

This is what I'm trying to achieve, unless you tell me there's a better way ?

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers!

For those trying to figure out a similar setup, here's how I rewired my rig to achieve what I wanted.
Additionally I ended up switching the OCD drive before the Amp.

Last edited:
For those trying to figure out a similar setup, here's how I rewired my rig to achieve what I wanted.
Additionally I ended up switching the OCD drive before the Amp.

The only thing I'm not sure I understand, is why do I need to have the OUTPUT 1 to Amp RETURN connection.

I am using axe fx 3 and I slave my jp2c { Dry } to the input 3 in the back of the axe fx then use my 2 friedman power cabs as my left and right wet so I have a wet/dry/wet set up

I am using axe fx 3 and I slave my jp2c { Dry } to the input 3 in the back of the axe fx then use my 2 friedman power cabs as my left and right wet so I have a wet/dry/wet set up
Question regarding Axe FX 3... I see it has 3 additional inputs and outputs in the back, does that mean you can have multiple send return loops?
Let's say I have the OCD on in/out #3 and BigSky in/out #4
Can I setup a patch where I only have the BigSky enabled with in/out #4 ?

Question regarding Axe FX 3... I see it has 3 additional inputs and outputs in the back, does that mean you can have multiple send return loops?
Let's say I have the OCD on in/out #3 and BigSky in/out #4
Can I setup a patch where I only have the BigSky enabled with in/out #4 ?
here is for drives
here is also for a whole stereo pedal board.

Back
Top Bottom