Using AX8 with a tube amp (current FX8 User)

Bash_Man

When using the AX8 with a tube amp in 4CM, can I take the Amp send signal and re-route that to an IR on the AX8 and then re-route that to an XLR output to go to Front of House while still keeping the signal chain going to the amp's poweramp and cabinet?

Thanks

Believe it is not possible without an external source since you are using all the inputs and outputs of the AX8.

Not sure if this will get you there but in the video @2112 is demonstrating the 4CM paired up with a Fractal X-Load.

Believe it is not possible without an external source since you are using all the inputs and outputs of the AX8.

Not sure if this will get you there but in the video @2112 is demonstrating the 4CM paired up with a Fractal X-Load.

Thanks Habuman.

Any ideas also if the AX8 allows for more blocks or effects with in a scene than the FX8? I believe the FX8 only allows up to 8.

You can set up scenes to have as many effects on or off as you want within the grid layout and as long as CPU does not max out.

Scene 1 can be compressor, delay, drive
Scene 2 can be reverb, flanger, PEQ
Etc.

When in doubt RTM. 😀

Last edited:
You can set up scenes to have as many effects on or off as you want within the grid layout and as long as CPU does not max out.

Scene 1 can be compressor, delay, drive
Scene 2 can be reverb, flanger, PEQ
Etc.

When in doubt RTM. 😀

Sorry, that's ehay I should've asked. How many effects can be put in a grid ?

Oh wow . 12 total. That's awesome. May start looking for an AX8 to use with my amp instead. There's times when I'd like to have access to more effects per patch/scene than the FX8.
May I ask what type of tube amp you use? If the preset is clean you might get away with it, but if it's distorted you'll probably get more distortion than you bargained for because of the preamp in the tube. This is why most people use the AX8 with monitors or FRFR speakers.

May I ask what type of tube amp you use? If the preset is clean you might get away with it, but if it's distorted you'll probably get more distortion than you bargained for because of the preamp in the tube. This is why most people use the AX8 with monitors or FRFR speakers.
I am using a Splawn Nitro head.

Back
Top Bottom