Using 2 delays for scene spillover, getting weird sound.

Intoodeep1113

Inspired
When I have the 2 delays in parallel, I notice a weird choppy sound on scene 3 when I dig in. Doesn't seem to happen on the other scenes/channels and doesn't happen at all if I remove Delay 2 and only use 1 delay block. I'm not sure if this stuff is a bug or user error. Sort of sounds like clipping, but doesn't show as such on the meters. Firmware 4.00 Beta 2.

I'm trying to use 2 delays here so that when I change scenes, the delay tails from scene 3 spillover into scene 1.
Delay 1 is off in scene 3 and on in scene 1.
Delay 2 is on in scene 3 and off in scene 1.

Attachments

• Twin Recto 120.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not getting that crackle here on 3.02? What is the CPU load on 4.00 b2? Are you clipping the input too much? Just 'tickling the reds'? Are you using any 'Input Pad'
settings?

What are you monitoring through? IMHO, there is a huge amount of low frequencies in this preset. And they are building up in the Delay and Reverb tails. Maybe overloading the low-end and clipping, but not showing on the VU meters? To me, there is way too much lows to be very useful in a band mix, and way too much low-end over a FOH system with Subs.

It might be different/better on the 'Cygnus' beta firmware?

1. I set the 'Low Cut' in all of the Delay and Reverb channels to 200 Hz.
  2. I set the 'Low Cut' in all of the Cab IRs to 100 Hz.
  3. I turned the bass 'Cut' switch 'on' in channel 'D' of the Amp block
  4. I set all of the Reverb channels to 'Economy' to get the CPU a bit lower
Seems more balanced and band mix friendly?

Moke

Attachments

• Twin Recto 120 (MCP) 3.02.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
CPU load is 79-81%
Input Pad 12dB

Monitoring through JBL LSR 305P monitors.
I know the preset is super bassy, the settings are pretty nuts for a recto - bass maxed out- But I am trying to emulate an artists live recto settings. plus I'm using some low cut on the cab block and dialing some out in general on the out 1 global.

Just saw what you sent. Thanks for the help, ill check it out.

Moke, thanks for the tips and edits. There is still a crackle on scene 3. the low cuts may have changed the choppy sound to a crackling sound.

first is the original preset, 2nd is the edited one (with Cab block turned back on, for some reason it was off when I loaded it.)

This recording was done on my original preset. I deleted Delay block 1 that was parallel but muted/bypassed. crackle/stutter is gone.

I noticed that if a sustained tone or delay repeats cause the signal to 'tickle the red' in the Output Block, there is usually a crackling sound. Since adjusting all presets to stay below the red, no more clipping or crackling.

Back
Top Bottom