Bug? USB playback w/ empty preset - Out 1 Clip not reacting

Emil Dahl

Unsure whether this is an actual bug. I was running FW 1.06 and playing some music with USB using my studio monitors and happened to have an empty preset loaded. The top panel Out 1 knob was set fully clockwise. I then changed to an actual preset and all of a sudden Out 1 was clipping. I changed back to the empty preset and it was gone. Curiously, I even tried boosting the USB return volume a bit to see if it'd clip but nothing happened. Tried updating to FW 2.00 b1 but with no difference. Am I missing something? Could I have damaged the unit from pushing the USB return volume even though the Out 1 clip LED wasn't clipping? Thanks.

Can you post the preset that is not empty and your "System + FC" backup from FractalBot, please? We'll take a look when we get a chance.

Can you post the preset that is not empty and your "System + FC" backup from FractalBot, please? We'll take a look when we get a chance.
Of course. I've tried various presets though and to my understanding, it's only when the grid is completely empty where the Out 1 Clip doesn't react. I tried reset system parameters but with no difference.

While on the topic, Is it at all possible to clip the USB In meters in the Meters page? I'll probably never have the USB return level set that high, but is it something I should be aware of?

Attachments

• 201208-145708-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 59 Bassguy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Of course. I've tried various presets though and to my understanding, it's only when the grid is completely empty where the Out 1 Clip doesn't react. I tried reset system parameters but with no difference.
The OUT 1 CLIP is for the analog outputs, so they are going to depend on where you have your USB routed. Like I said, we'll confirm when we have a chance but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening with your setup.

While on the topic, Is it at all possible to clip the USB In meters in the Meters page? I'll probably never have the USB return level set that high, but is it something I should be aware of?
Certainly it is possible. It will depend on your input signal, configuration, and preset.

Back
Top Bottom