USB Connection Question

Jipps0525

Power User
When i play my fm9, i usually have it connected to my pc via usb so i can run FM9 edit, and play any songs through youtube, spotify, etc… However, the output on my fm9 controls the volume of my preset as well as any music being played from my pc. Is there anyway to separate the volume sources? Right now, if my preset is too loud i have to go into the output block and lower the volume. Its not a big deal, just wondering if theres a better way.

Yes, there is a better way. Adjust the volume of the computer audio from the computer itself. Alternatively, go to the I/O menu> USB I/O page and adjust the playback level of the incoming USB audio using the 1/2 input volume parameter.

See Section 3 in the manual and p. 94. They talk about how the modeler and computer process the USB audio and adjusting the levels.

Hey OrganicZed! Even feeling sick the skills of your oral surgeon makes me smile!!!! Not to mention your optometrist. Do they share an office? lol

Yes, there is a better way. Adjust the volume of the computer audio from the computer itself. Alternatively, go to the I/O menu> USB I/O page and adjust the playback level of the incoming USB audio using the 1/2 input volume parameter.
sorry for the delay but thank you so much. Didnt know about the 1/2 usb input volume parameter

Back
Top Bottom