USB cable stuck in port?

edocura

I admit to feeling fairly stupid now (and in anticipation of answers) but I can't seem to pull out the USB cable from the back of the unit. I'm actually moving the jack/port itself and started to hear some weird clicking sound. Before I just pull it out and break thing I wanted to ask, is there some sort of release or whatever I need?

The cable is just a regular one, nothing special at all about it. It's been functioning normally, I didn't have to jam it in there or anything so I'm fairly perplexed. I did a search but it seems others aren't having this issue so... wth?

Last edited:
Some Apple made cords are defective with the locking features misaligned. I had that happen to my laptop and had to use a pair of pliers to deform the plug enough to remove it. It's a delicate operation, you have to not rotate or pull on the plug as you deform it.

Thanks everyone, at least I'm not going crazy. I'll leave it in there for now cause I can just use another cable, and I'll do the surgery once I get annoyed enough or have to move it for whatever reason.

Thanks everyone, at least I'm not going crazy. I'll leave it in there for now cause I can just use another cable, and I'll do the surgery once I get annoyed enough or have to move it for whatever reason.
That's probably the least risky option. At least, it's a connector type that you generally use.

Back
Top Bottom