updating MFC 101 to 1.02

JohnBee

Inspired
I completed the update however I used Axe edit and I never received a confirmation of firmware completed, it simply kept saying "saving" once it hit 100%. the MFC showed firmware update complete. when I canceled the screen on the axe edit I received an error 18 I believe on the MFC. However, it shows the correct firmware 1.02 on the MFC. Should it have gone smoother and did I perform the update correctly?

thanks

It is unusual to use Axe-Edit to update the MFC-101 (it is designed to update Axe-Fx firmware and so, will never give a message about the MFC).
That said, if you go to the CHECKSUM page (firmware Version, then press UP), you can confirm that the install was a success. It should read: B950

John,

Try using Midiox or similar - it definitely works then. ( Free Download )

I tried with AxeEdit just for fun....same error as with you.

Mic

thanks it worked with midiox. The release notes should have said the axe edit won't work with updating the MFC. I thought axe edit would be the end all for sending banks, patches and updating all firmware for the axe fx and the MFC . Just curious, can I use the same send sysx procedure in midiox to update a bank, send a patch or update firmware for the axe fx or MFC? If so, that program is alot more straightforward.

getting a error 18 message on MFC101 After I held down #1 and started. Trying to download new 1.02 software for it. Just updated Axe Edit too. Help!

Tremonti, use Midiox it works. I got the error 18 when using axe edit. The error 18 pops up on the MFC when you open axe edit. I believe the consensus is you can't use axe edit to send firmware updates to the MFC.

I used axedit 1.0 last night to update my new mfc. I had that error 18 but clicked send and it worked first time :)

Back
Top Bottom