Update So Cal Drivin

I originally wrote this piece as a quick idea. I sent it to Cliff and he graciously hosted it for me. I later decided to do an albums worth of my older material with some newer stuff which was completed. I showed my promotion guy the stuff and he asked do you have anything else (always a comforting question....;)) so I showed him So Cal Drivin in its demo form. He goes that is the single can you finish it? The finished So Cal Drivin is now on Fractal's demo page here

http://fractalaudio.com/experience.html

What was great about the guitar process was I added length to the song and changed a few licks from the original 9 months or so later and you can't tell (well I can't and neither could anyone else I have showed this to). Also all fx,eq and process are Axe-FX. Guitar stayed as originally recorded, nothing altered during the mix phase. Hope you like!

Real Nice Craig! So Cal Drivin' was one of my main factors in deciding to get the Ultra-I knew most units around could do heavy FX OD, etc. But what of a nice clean amp sound. Nice plying like yours always helps of course.
I was told that was the Benson preset? Is it Stock? WhatGuitar are you using here?
Thanks for a nice tune with clear defined playing!!!!

Thanks Guys,

Thanks Andrew for the listen and the drummer is Mike White, and that's how he plays, we did not correct any of his timing. You can check him out at

www.mikewhite.com

there is a reason he has played with so many name jazz people...;)

The patch as stated is the Benson patch with maybe slight alteration to the compression setting in the Axe-FX. Of course the delay has to fit the timing of the song. The guitar is an inexpensive Brian Moore with a Les Paul body style. I would think that any git with a humbucker in the the neck position could accomplish this and some probably better.

Awesome song! Very smooth playing!

Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoyed it!

Craig Sharmat said:
Thanks Guys,

Thanks Andrew for the listen and the drummer is Mike White, and that's how he plays, we did not correct any of his timing. You can check him out at

http://www.mikewhite.com

there is a reason he has played with so many name jazz people...;)

The patch as stated is the Benson patch with maybe slight alteration to the compression setting in the Axe-FX. Of course the delay has to fit the timing of the song. The guitar is an inexpensive Brian Moore with a Les Paul body style. I would think that any git with a humbucker in the the neck position could accomplish this and some probably better.

Thanks Craig for the music and the info!

Craig Sharmat said:
http://fractalaudio.com/experience.html
What was great about the guitar process was I added length to the song and changed a few licks from the original 9 months or so later and you can't tell (well I can't and neither could anyone else I have showed this to). Also all fx,eq and process are Axe-FX. Guitar stayed as originally recorded, nothing altered during the mix phase. Hope you like!

Beautiful... The guitar sound is perfect, loved the chord parts. It dosen,t sound like a 9 month gap on the guitar track, it scans well from the beginning to end....great playing.

Cheers TZ.

Back
Top Bottom