Update fails due to USB auto disconnetion?

sickindian

Experienced
Hi,

So I've came back from my 2 weeks holliday worked this week and now its about time to upgrade my Axe Fx II from 7.00 to 8.01a but there seems to be a problem with USB which constantly disconnects at various progress levels does anyone got a clue what is happening ? I used to have same problem when playing music via axe fx soundcard module and still cant figure it out why it happens?

Please help me as this is a bit frustrating... maybe its needing serviced or replaced?

Are you using Windows? If you are try to see if you have a power setting to turn off the USB to save power (advanced power settings). Are you using Axe-Edit?

Yes mate I'm using axe edit via USB cable. So "USB selective suspend setting" should be disabled and the the problem will be gone?

Is your AF II is hooked up through a hub get rid of it and hook up straight to your computer

If you are using Windows 7 64-Bit, there was a known problem with Fractal USB Drivers working correctly. For a while, I couldn't even get the drivers to load on my computer. I would get an error before the drivers had completely loaded.

I had it fail the first time as well. Try running it again... it went the second time for me. Also, you could try to use midi instead of USB.

If you are using Windows 7 64-Bit, there was a known problem with Fractal USB Drivers working correctly. For a while, I couldn't even get the drivers to load on my computer. I would get an error before the drivers had completely loaded.

I use windows 7 64bit and USB has been flawless.

Well that's the first time I had problems with updating but it finally went trough I also disabled this USB mode so ill see if its working correctly.

Thanks for help

Back
Top Bottom