Bug? Unintentional change to preset 1

jakel

Power User
MFC 2.1, Axe V6

Last night at rehearsal if I engaged a drive using an IA switch, then pushed the preset selector button again to get back to how the preset was saved (drive off), it would change presets to #1. If I pressed the preset selector again it would call up the preset I had been playing. Very odd. I may have had a delay also engaged at the time.

This is part of the firmware. Alternate presets are handled differently.

This is a snippet from the updated MFC manual:

1. Load the preset you want to add an alternate to in the normal way (press its footswitch).
Note: You can also select any preset manually via the PRESET NUMBER screen shown between
steps 3 and 4, below.
2. Press EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.
3. Press PRESET footswitch to select the SETUP menu.
4. Press PAGE footswitch 3x to get to the Alternate Preset screen:
5. Press the INCR or DECR footswitch to make your selection:
 GBL: The Global alternate preset will load (see below). This is the default.
 0-383: The specified preset will be loaded as the alternate. (Bank select is automatic).
 OFF: The Alternate preset will be disabled for this preset.
 BAK: Loading the Alternate preset will dynamically “Backtrack” to whichever preset was
loaded before the current one.
6. Press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.

Had the same issue yesterday in the studio.
Today I did a total reset and programmed the thing from scratch.

Remember I did the reset to avoid changing every patch.

Thanks, bkrumme. I'll read up on this tomorrow. Tonight it's Tim Hawkins with my two boys and brother. Yeah!

Thanks again for clearing this up!

This is part of the firmware. Alternate presets are handled differently.

This is a snippet from the updated MFC manual:

1. Load the preset you want to add an alternate to in the normal way (press its footswitch).
Note: You can also select any preset manually via the PRESET NUMBER screen shown between
steps 3 and 4, below.
2. Press EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.
3. Press PRESET footswitch to select the SETUP menu.
4. Press PAGE footswitch 3x to get to the Alternate Preset screen:
5. Press the INCR or DECR footswitch to make your selection:
 GBL: The Global alternate preset will load (see below). This is the default.
 0-383: The specified preset will be loaded as the alternate. (Bank select is automatic).
 OFF: The Alternate preset will be disabled for this preset.
 BAK: Loading the Alternate preset will dynamically “Backtrack” to whichever preset was
loaded before the current one.
6. Press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.

So this seems to engage the alt right? I do not want this, how do I get it back to hitting the desired pre set from say the tuner and Not going to Alt?

I would try turning the Alternate Preset off on all of your presets. Try it on one first because programming that will take some time if you have a lot of presets. IMO, this should be the default instead of GBL.

Back
Top Bottom