AFIII Underground 80s Metal Riffs #3 - Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love - full album

ToneLabRat

Experienced
Episode #3. Finally. The rock gods were not with me on this one; I was out with tendonitis for a couple months, lots of work, I couldn't get the Les Paul Custom to intonate at D standard for the life of me, so I went to the Schecter and in the middle of recording the tone knob fell into the body of the guitar and the volume knob locked up!!

I did all the songs on the album, including 3 solos, and there are some vocals. The preset used the tone match again. I did 2 tracks, panned hard L/R, and tried to play it really aggressive, and all the way through in one take including the solos (which is what I thought would best mimic the "live" feel I hear with the original album). Of course I chunked a couple times and had to punch in and keep going. I recorded DI and then went back and re-amped, changing scenes for solos etc.

The video is pretty long at 11 minutes, probably too long. I put chapters in for the songs, my favorites are Public Enemy #1 which has vocals and a solo, and On With The Show which has a solo and I faded in Motley Crue live to end it which I thought came out cool.

Going forward, I'm going to cut it down to 3 to 4 of my favorites songs on the album so I can get them done more quickly, and use actual recordings with vocals for the backing tracks. I find it is so much easier to really get into the mood of this music I have loved for so long if I'm playing to the actual recordings with all its timing nuance and imperfections, rather than a rigid grid. Plus having some vocals in it I think adds so much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom