Two way communication?

so I'm gonna need a foot switch obviously for my axe fx ultra that I'm ordering soon, only thing is I'm not fond of the idea of paying 600$ for the official one (or waiting for it). Reading other posts, I see that there are many other great controllers that work, but they don't have 2 way communication, and would have to be programmed, etc. What exactly does the 2 way communication give you, and what would need programming? Just trying to understand all this
Thanks
Sean

Two-way communication just means MIDI send and receive on one cable.

What a few pedals have (Gordius, Liquid-Foot and soon the Fractal MFC) is sync'ing capabilities over the 2-way channel. So they'll run through your presets on the AxeFx and automatically discover the preset names, locations and what effects are in the block (for IA synchronization in the preset).

More or less.

So you type less.

Example: when I create a patch in my All Access I have to name it using the All Access' footswitches. And turn the IA states to the proper on/off states depending on the patch.

Honestly, I'm not sure how valuable the sync'ing is since my All Access patches don't line up 1:1 with my AxeFx patches. I'll have a handful of patches on the All Access that all use the same patch on the AxeFx but have the IAs in different states.

Ian forgets one thing: all three mentioned controllers are capable of displaying the axe's tuner info. So you don't need an external one (with audio running to your stage spot) and you also don't have to turn around to look at your axe for tuning.

regards,
Marco

Back
Top Bottom