Two FCs and one AXE FXIII for two guitarists

Pinthar

Hello pros.

I am looking two set up two foot controllers and daisy chain them into my AXE FX III. The set-up will be simple. One controller on the right and the other on the left of the stage. Ideally, I want both guitarists to be able to select pedals individually. I saw that in a video. I ran two input/output chains for each preset (each built with and overdrive, amp, cab, delay and reverb). The problem that I am having is I cannot seem to be able to program the per-preset function for each switch on both boards. For instance, on the left board, I would want switch #1 to toggle on or off the over drive pedal #1, and on the right board, I would want the switch #1 to toggle over drive #2. When I change the per-presets to accomplish this funtion, nothing is changing on the board...Even when I change to function #6, per preset. uhg! Is there a video or something somewhere to help me with this?

Also, would it be possible for each guitarist to be able to select a separate scene within the main preset? It would be cool to have guitarist #1 on scene #1 and guitarist #2 on scene #2 at the same time...or would I need two independent FX III's for this?

For instance, on the left board, I would want switch #1 to toggle on or off the over drive pedal #1, and on the right board, I would want the switch #1 to toggle over drive #2.

Are you using two separate layouts on each FC? You'd want Guitar 1 to use their own layout and Guitar 2 to use their own layout.

Also, would it be possible for each guitarist to be able to select a separate scene within the main preset? It would be cool to have guitarist #1 on scene #1 and guitarist #2 on scene #2 at the same time...or would I need two independent FX III's for this?

That's not going to be possible with a single AFIII.

Sounds like you are using the Per Preset layout?

Try using per-preset overrides instead and place them on different layouts (one for each FC as @iaresee mentioned).

Are you using two separate layouts on each FC? You'd want Guitar 1 to use their own layout and Guitar 2 to use their own layout.

Yes, each board will have their own layouts. We have an FC12 for the left guitarist, and an FC6 for the right guy. I think I might have the solution. Found here:

That's not going to be possible with a single AFIII.

OK, I didn't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom