Wish Turn Off Align In Dyna-Cab

I am wondering if there could be a way to turn off the automatic phase alignment within Dyna-Cab or Cab Lab, which would make moving Position and Distance more similar to the effects of moving two mics in real life. I've always liked the sound of a bit of phase mis-alignment, but it really takes feeling it out as you go to get it right. I don't know if that would be something that could just be turned off , or if the files are inherently connected to each other in alignment.

No, but you already have something even better IMO: you can manually change distance (add time) independently of tone by using the ALIGN tab.
1718229504847.png

No, but you already have something even better IMO: you can manually change distance (add time) independently of tone by using the ALIGN tab.
View attachment 141547
Right I know you can do it through the Align tab, but I would love it if there was a way to switch it to track with the actual latency associated with position and distance, instead of it automatically accounting for it.

Although it's not been made available and no one has said if they plan to make this available (because I've requested it too!), I'll tell you how I do it:

I open the front panel of the unit to the align page of the cab block and put my left hand on the dial to adjust the second mic. On Axe-Edit I have the main cab block page open, and I use my right hand to move the mics with my trackpad at the same time I change the alignment of the second mic.

This doesn't equate to the phase relationship in the real world, but I get incredible results, and it is technically more flexible with a greater range of sounds that being stuck with the real world alignment. I usually end up putting a second mic at around the 54mm mark.

Back
Top Bottom