[solved] Tube Pre with Presence

Aivoryuk

Inspired
for those that use a external preamp and the Tube Pre model for the power amp - it would be great to have a presence control (currently only has hi cut) so as to replicate power amp

Last edited:
I think so. I also found this comment (also from an Axe Fx II thread):

NFB is set to 0.01 just to fool the GUI into displaying Presence instead of HiCut below the left knob.

for those that use a external preamp and the Tube Pre model for the power amp - it would be great to have a presence control (currently only has hi cut) so as to replicate power amp
Presence is implemented in the power-amp of a tube amplifier so it’s not likely that it would be added to the preamp model.

Per Fender
Increasing the presence control decreases high-frequency-only feedback in the power amp, which makes the amp distort more easily for higher notes. Also, it decreases the amp’s ability to precisely control the actual speaker cone at high frequencies—this is what makes the amp sound wilder and raspier in a way that the treble control knob isn’t capable of.

When playing an amp cleanly, increasing the presence control simply results in more upper midrange and treble.
I’d fiddle with the EQ to add some sparkle, I use 3dB at 3K sometimes, so maybe a tilt or judicious use of the PEQ will get you there.

I tried setting the negative feedback of the tube pre model to 0 ( and various values and resetting the block) and it still shows as a high cut.
It should be set to non-zero...

But maybe that doesn't apply anymore? It was worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom