??? TS100 VS 50/50 ???

So what would my main differences in tone be running an Axe-FX II through a Carvin TS100 vs. an Atomic 50/50. I know everyone says the Atomic is the be all end all of PA's for the Axe-FX, but the differences in price may be the deciding factor for me if the differences in tone aren't that different.

This interests me as well. They have got to be pretty damn close. The only predictable difference is the stock tubes - JJ's in the Atomic vs. GT's in the Carvin.

The price piqued my interest in this amp compared to the other 2 popular ones. I think I remember a YouTube video of a forumite using one of these with their Axe.

A broad band sweep of both amps would be the best way to know which is flatter. As said before they are probably pretty close in tone but for the extra money I would go with the Atomic for the looks alone, that is one sexy looking power amp.

I've never heard anything bad about Carvin guitars or SS amps, but I've heard a mix of reviews regarding the quality from one Carvin TS100 unit to the next. I like the Carvin's price point, but would probably go with Atomic just based on the overwhelming positive remarks, unless you're in a position to try both before you commit.

One advantage to the 50/50 is that you can have EL34's on one channel and 6L6 on the other. I believe while the TS100 can handle both EL34 and 6L6, it is either all one or the other.

When I have played with tube power amps I found it still sounds better with power amp sims on.

I happend to buy the 50/50 instead of the vht 2/90/2 after reading all the reviews and talking to several vht users that switched to the 50/50 i love it. IT sounds amazing. I have dialed it the best tones i have ever came up with with the 50/50 and 2 avatar cabs one with v30s and g12h30 and another with v30 and well darn i forgot ill look later. Besides the point. After the 50/50 I found a used carvin Ts100 on ebay for 300 i scooped it up quick. After goin to a friends house one night and trying his with my ultra made me want one so bad. I think they are both really great power amps very clean and they don't color your tone at all like the marshall 9100. If money was a deciding factor i would go with the carvin it screams. The carvin is also bridgable to 100 watts the 50/50 is not. I got these for tour im using th 50/50 for axe 2 and the ts100 for the ultra as a backup. Tone merchants is also selling the matrix power amp too I didnt want to spend another 700 and be unhappy. I did however buy a Peavey ipr1600 watt 2 rack space power amp cause it was cheap and weights like 4 lbs i tried it with the axe fx and it didnt sound too bad it doesnt give you that tube break up and tube coloration would have to hear them a/b to see what i mean but it sounds awsome. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom