Trying to use Fracpad III with iPad mini (6th generation) and cables…

Hello. I'm trying to use Fracpad III with iPad mini (6th generation with ios 17.1.2) and cables. I connect an M-Audio Midisport Uno (1-In and 1-Out) to the midi ports and connect it's USB-A connector to a USB-A > USB-C adapter and then into the iPad Mini. This does not work. The app just quits. Is this suppose to work? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5536.jpg
    IMG_5536.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Just FYI, I went to the App store and it said "Open" next to FracPad III", so I opened it. It may have opened an older version which was also named FracPad III. I will delete the version on my iPad and reinstall from the App store. Maybe it's a newer version?

Hey there

Usually you must register your copy with the developer by sending your Security code and you will get a private key in return. Maby thats the issue with your version. Anyway user -> algrenadine can help you out.

Hello. I'm trying to use Fracpad III with iPad mini (6th generation with ios 17.1.2) and cables. I connect an M-Audio Midisport Uno (1-In and 1-Out) to the midi ports and connect it's USB-A connector to a USB-A > USB-C adapter and then into the iPad Mini. This does not work. The app just quits. Is this suppose to work? Am I missing something? Thanks!
Have you used these connectors with other software on the iPad?

No need to use a midi / USB adapter, just use a USB B to USB C cable... Unless of course you really want to use the midi DIN ports?

Which FracPad version?
Which fasDevice? Which firmware?
Are we supposed to guess everything? ^^
The only supported midi adapter is Roland um-one.
Then, if you use a fm9 you must use a direct usb connection. Then the fm9 is only supported starting Fracpad 3.45.
Then, if your iPad is 32 bits only it will not work

I downloaded the FracPad iii from the App Store. I think it’s version 3.5. I’m using the FM9 with FW 5.01. The iPad Mini version 6 is 64 bit. So, I can connect a USB cable from the USB jack on the FM9 to the USB-C jack on the iPad mini and it will work with FracPad 3.5? I tried to google a manual for FracPad but could not find one.

I downloaded the FracPad iii from the App Store. I think it’s version 3.5. I’m using the FM9 with FW 5.01. The iPad Mini version 6 is 64 bit. So, I can connect a USB cable from the USB jack on the FM9 to the USB-C jack on the iPad mini and it will work with FracPad 3.5? I tried to google a manual for FracPad but could not find one.
Yes, no need for a manual if you even don't read the Fracpad screen : it's written how you connect

Last edited:
The screen I read may have been from the older version. I didn’t see where it said how to connect. But, if it did, I’m very sorry that I didn’t see it.

I think I realize now that my original post may have sounded sarcastic — “Is this suppose to work?” I didn’t mean it that way. What I meant was is the software compatible with my set-up. Sorry if it appeared that way — wasn’t trying to be that kind of forum user.

Back
Top Bottom