Trying out the Axe FX

If i drove up to the fractal audio systems building would i be able to try one out? I live really close and i defiantly want to try one out.

You would have to call them up to find out. They have called people in the past who live fairly close and let them know they could pick up there order and save the shipping cost, but thats a in/out transaction.

I don't think they will really want bother, thats means a person will have to stay with you and take him/her away from whatever. Otherwise they would set up a small store front.

Just get it, you have 15 days with it. Best way to demo is going through your own gear anyway.

I live fairly close to "Fractal Central". It is highly unlikely that you'd be able to set up a "tire kicking" demo where their equipment is produced. (Perhaps you might have some luck if you are a known high-profile artist or a big "name" in the music business...who knows how they respond to that kind of pitch?)

I would suggest that you go online and place an order for one of their products, and also email or call Fractal with a follow-up requesting to make the purchase/pick-up at the factory. Then, use the product to see if you like it or not, and if not you can take advantage of their return policy.

Seems I remember someone posting that they went to FAS (old address) and did a demo and walked out with an Ultra. He also talked about a prototype FX only floor board that they were working on that was in the early stage of development.

I definitely don't speak for Fractal Audio. The best bet is to try to contact them and see what transpires, and good luck!

For sure, though, one thing that DOES get their attention is pressing the "purchase" button on their online store.

It is curious that Fractal does not partner with a local music store for the express purpose of demos and sales, but I can completely understand their concern that such a local presence might cause an "overload" of orders and service calls from the locals.

Whatever the marketing strategy Fractal is employing, I'm sure there are very wise people with very good reasons behind it, and the proof is in the pudding. I like their approach, even if it is a bit on the stealth side of things.

Back
Top Bottom