Tryanor K1s - anyone still using? update me!

snubz

I need a speaker solution for me AXE, as usually I'm just using headphones and then an old Fender Twin every once in a while. At the same time, I need a PA for my upcoming wedding. I of course could rent one, but why give money to someone else when I could use it to feed a little GAS, right?

So the Traynor K1s are appealing as they can be mounted on speaker stands as a PA, and then are of course stereo, lightweight, supposedly sound pretty good, etc. However, all the old threads here on them mentioned a few reliability and/or packaging problems, and perhaps that they sounded good but not superb.

So my question: anyone out there still using them and like them? For the price (looks like I can get a pair for $800) and my needs they still look like a great deal, so I just wanted to get an update months later and see if anyone had any new info on the reliability and performance.

Thanks all!

- Ryan

I had communicated with Traynor support, and they had told me the reliability issues had been addressed. Anything shipped after a certain date (and with certain serial numbers) was deemed to be fine. I'd have to dig deep in my email to find the details. But the point is that the reliability issues have been resolved if you get a recently shipped unit.

As for how it sounds, I don't know. I have yet to take one home to try. I'm concerned that they're not powerful enough, which is too bad because the form factor and weight are perfect. The K2 is too heavy for me to consider a pair.

Some folks on the forum tried them, but I lost track and am not sure if anyone still uses one.

Back
Top Bottom