Tru Oil on the Les Paul Neck

Looking great! Is the finish finished?
Not yet,

I'll let the tru oil dry for two weeks then finish the thumb placement area with the steel wool. In the meantime, I am connecting wires to the Obsidian Contraption - starting with the output jack and switch. I'm waiting on the Bareknuckle Cold Sweat Pickups. They are said to be a two week build time at BKP.

This is how they were ordered. Aged black covers & aged nickel bolts, 50mm, long leg length, 2 conductor braided

acs2.jpg

Last edited:
Not yet,

I'll let the tru oil dry for two weeks then finish the thumb placement area with the steel wool. In the meantime, I am connecting wires to the Obsidian Contraption - starting with the output jack and switch. I'm waiting on the Bareknuckle Cold Sweat Pickups. They are said to be a two week build time at BKP.

This is how they were ordered. Aged black covers & aged nickel bolts, 50mm, long leg length, 2 conductor braided

View attachment 84864
Perfect match for the hardware you're going with!

Not yet,

View attachment 84864
I applaud your patience with doing the finish. I tend to rush the last steps of a project - not always with the results I'd hoped.

Those pickups look so cool! They’re the perfect blend between vintage and worn, and modern and mean. Insane.

Well, it's done. I waited a week for the few light coats of tru oil to cure. I knocked the gloss back with the steel wool. I put a couple light coats of gun stock wax on it. This neck feels fantastic! Smooth! Way better than I expected it to be. It was well worth all the effort!

Here is a glimpse of how it turned out.

DSCF8542.JPGDSCF8545.JPG

Back
Top Bottom