trouble with mids

golfnut

I'm trying to dial out this honky, hollow mid sound on the FM9 and I just can't get rid of it. I pulled out the 1k on the global eq and thats sort of where it is. I don't really want to adjust something on the global eq and effect everything. This honky mid sound is affecting blackface, vox and matchless amps set clean. I compared the blackface setting to my blackface tube amp that is far more scooped sounding.
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
Pulling out the mids completely on the amp block doesn't help at all. It just sounds too think and hollow, for example on the G string.

I ended pulling the 1k almost completely out (-10.0) in the amp block of the black face tone. I hate making drastic changes to eq's like that. But it got much closer to my blackface tube amp.
Still harsh sounding though. I wonder if there is a different 2x12 cabinet that would be more scooped than the Dyna cab 2x12 double verb

Last edited:
I found a great cab that seems to do what I want. 123 Double verb mix. But I still have -8.0 pulled out of the output eq from 1k. Its the only way I can get that scooped tone with out a mid hollow honk

Back
Top Bottom