Tremonti

He used to use a Fender Twin Reverb. Maybe start with that. Check his older Rig Rundowns of Premier Guitar. There you can see his settings too

He used to use a Fender Twin Reverb. Maybe start with that. Check his older Rig Rundowns of Premier Guitar. There you can see his settings too
Thank you. I've been waiting for someone like Choptones, etc to do a Tremonti pack...guess everyone is busy doing the 1000th Metallica/Dream Theater/EVH packs. Not that I don't love them but jeez...

I would try to create my own preset instead of relying of someone else. Everyone plays and hears differently. The good thing is ( and I already said it) Tremonti did quite a few Rig Rundowns so far so there are the correct informations out there. My best advice is to watch these and create a preset with a Fender Twin for cleans and another with a Mesa Tripple Rec which was his Main Amp up until the PRS MT100.

Thank you. I've been waiting for someone like Choptones, etc to do a Tremonti pack...guess everyone is busy doing the 1000th Metallica/Dream Theater/EVH packs. Not that I don't love them but jeez...
You could try the bludojai
I know he had that one
As per Austin buddy tips
Change the tonestack to Skyline and back off the input trim on the Bludojai lead

Fender twin for cleans. He’s also said in several interviews that he has used a cornford RK100 in the studio so the cornfed 50 amp model into a Mesa cab should get you close. I know he used to blend an Ubershall and a rectifier back in the day as well. I find that the stock cornfed 50 sounds killer into any Mesa/marshall cab for those “tremonti-esque” tones

Mesa triple rectifiers for his dirty and fender for his cleans. As far as effects he uses a wah, chorus, phaser, delays and various overdrives including Klon. Hates reverb. Oversized 4x12 mesa cabs and if memory serves, 15's for the cleans? This was old rig he had for years. Now he uses this.

For what it's worth I've always loved his tones but I've never found them hard to dial in. He does not use a lot of effects and has a pretty simplistic rig.

Back
Top Bottom