Bug? trails acting weird

jeff_melton

I think I've found a bug in the FM9 firmware 7.00: Scene 8 in the attached preset has a small room reverb and a 30 ms delay, both set to mute FX out, both on channel C. Scene 1 is bone dry, but when I switch to it, it adds trails from reverb channel B (Centaurus). I'm no Fractal guru, and it's always possible I'm doing something wrong, so feel free to try to reproduce.

Attachments

• 65 Bassguy Looper JM.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Mute FX out keeps “data” feeding into the delay block, you just can’t hear it since the fx output is muted.

Change to a block with mute fx in, and that data is suddenly heard as the output is suddenly unmuted while new data going in is muted due to the fx input mute.

So asking again, is channel B set to Mute Fx In?

Mute FX out keeps “data” feeding into the delay block, you just can’t hear it since the fx output is muted.

Change to a block with mute fx in, and that data is suddenly heard as the output is suddenly unmuted while new data going in is muted due to the fx input mute.

So asking again, is channel B set to Mute Fx In?
Asking again why it matters if that scene isn't used in either case. That can't be intentional behavior. It should stay muted since it's never activated.

What channel is the Reverb on in Scene 1?

If it's channel B then @chris is probably correct.

Wether the block is ever active in the scene is irrelevant if the bypass method is set to allow trails.

Back
Top Bottom