Toneking Imperial

Really hope so. The monthly updates with a new amp were great. The extra amps would be a bigger draw for new customers too. 😉

I for one, think there are too many amp models. I think efforts placed in the effects arena or the functionality is where it is at. Just me though.

I think there are several factors at play. They need the actual amp, the schematics and then the time to do it.

I personally hope Cliff takes a break just for the sake of longevity. The imperial is just a blackface style circuit with a 12” speaker and an onboard attenuator. Go through the fender models and you’ll get where you want to be.
.....and did you know: there happens to be a built in attenuator in every single amp in the Fractal Library... (of course you did!)
*However I do realize it’s not there for the same reason Tone King has put one in their amps. Actually pretty cool on that new MkII where it can be split and only used on the lead channel.

I for one, think there are too many amp models. I think efforts placed in the effects arena or the functionality is where it is at. Just me though.
I tend to agree. I can't imagine there are many amp models left in the wild that can't be closely approximated with the options currently available in the Axe-Fx III. But I'd like to see functionality like Set Lists added. I could also use something like the Electro-Harmonix Mel9 or C9 pedals.

No. Tone King is Tone King and Fender is Fender!

Sure,the logo on the cab says "Tone King", but Mr Tone King himself write this on his website:

"From a spanky blackface-style voice to ‘50s-era tweed grit."
"the Imperial MKII’s dual foot switchable channels could very well be called Blackface and Tweed"

Tone king's sound doesn't exist. It's just the representation of the historical Fender sounds, in a well build amp, with a good attenuator and good look.

.....and did you know: there happens to be a built in attenuator in every single amp in the Fractal Library... (of course you did!)
*However I do realize it’s not there for the same reason Tone King has put one in their amps. Actually pretty cool on that new MkII where it can be split and only used on the lead channel.
Is there a way to see that built in attenuator, and a way to control it on the AXE FX III?

Yes. It's the Level control in the Amp block. You can drive the virtual amp circuit as hard as you want and have the actual output level mouse fart quiet if you want.

I personally hope Cliff takes a break just for the sake of longevity. The imperial is just a blackface style circuit with a 12” speaker and an onboard attenuator. Go through the fender models and you’ll get where you want to be.
Kinda. I have one sitting beside me and it's my main grab 'n go amp. The Blackface is the rhythm channel. The lead is based on a Tweed Deluxe, but it's been tweaked a lot, to the point it's possible to get close to a Marshall sound from it. A Blackface-style amp can't imitate that lead channel sound.
Is there a way to see that built in attenuator, and a way to control it on the AXE FX III?
The attenuator shouldn't be considered in a preset/model for it, as basically Mark Bartel was trying to do what a modeler can already to, reduce the volume to whatever we want but keep the power-amp running at 10.

Back
Top Bottom