To whoever set up the preset import on FM9 to leave the cab number from bank 2 cabs

Ya sound like a happy guy. I'm guessing the imported cab numbers are important, just because...
Well, importing them from the FX3, it lets me know which one I need to go spelunking for in Cab Manager. I can load Bank 2 in the side drawer, and simply find and import just the ones needed.

Going through and doing a lot of overdue cataloging and collecting the cabs in use in an empty spot in the bank, so that I can then delete the ones not being used in the User bank (retaining the originals on the HDD, of course)....

Basically, I am manually doing what a script could do in a minute, over the course of days, a bit at a time, until mental fatigue overtakes the accuracy of the work....

Well, importing them from the FX3, it lets me know which one I need to go spelunking for in Cab Manager. I can load Bank 2 in the side drawer, and simply find and import just the ones needed.

Going through and doing a lot of overdue cataloging and collecting the cabs in use in an empty spot in the bank, so that I can then delete the ones not being used in the User bank (retaining the originals on the HDD, of course)....

Basically, I am manually doing what a script could do in a minute, over the course of days, a bit at a time, until mental fatigue overtakes the accuracy of the work....
Joe,

You could try this instead...instead of running a side drawer, you could simply color highlight your preferred cabs, and whenever you need to pull them up, search for the highlight color you saved it to. I forget where I saw this...likely Leon, but he offered this tip for finding your choice cabs whenever you need them. For example, you could choose colors based on what type of amp you'd choose for the cab...

I'd not worry about cataloging the cabs, that sounds like an awful lot of tedious busy work...unless you're importing your entire custom FX3 files to FM9...I'd still just remember the good stuff by highlighting it...we did this in school when we needed to remember important stuff, right? Same should apply for remembering what good stuff we want, and not highlight the stuff that didn't matter as much...

Joe,

You could try this instead...instead of running a side drawer, you could simply color highlight your preferred cabs, and whenever you need to pull them up, search for the highlight color you saved it to. I forget where I saw this...likely Leon, but he offered this tip for finding your choice cabs whenever you need them. For example, you could choose colors based on what type of amp you'd choose for the cab...

I'd not worry about cataloging the cabs, that sounds like an awful lot of tedious busy work...unless you're importing your entire custom FX3 files to FM9...I'd still just remember the good stuff by highlighting it...we did this in school when we needed to remember important stuff, right? Same should apply for remembering what good stuff we want, and not highlight the stuff that didn't matter as much...
I'm importing FX3 presets. 142 of them. I had two user banks nearly full of IRs which mostly were unused, as I'd find the ones I liked and forget to pause and remove the rest of the set. Now I have gone through the presets and found all of the ones that are in use, and placed them in a group, so that I can finally remove the unused ones. It's a couple years worth of avoided work, hoping that FAS would prioritize some better file management, since this is work that is stone simple for a computer program to do and stooooopid tedious for a human to do. I've had a wish in for this (and maybe collect them at the beginning of the bank, kinda like a disk defrag does with files on your computer) for a long time, and others have also wished for improved file management within the Cab Manager....

I'm importing FX3 presets. 142 of them. I had two user banks nearly full of IRs which mostly were unused, as I'd find the ones I liked and forget to pause and remove the rest of the set. Now I have gone through the presets and found all of the ones that are in use, and placed them in a group, so that I can finally remove the unused ones. It's a couple years worth of avoided work, hoping that FAS would prioritize some better file management, since this is work that is stone simple for a computer program to do and stooooopid tedious for a human to do. I've had a wish in for this (and maybe collect them at the beginning of the bank, kinda like a disk defrag does with files on your computer) for a long time, and others have also wished for improved file management within the Cab Manager....
So you're saying your user (or your choice factory) presets utilize certain cabs (your preferred ones), and you're trying to herd these all into one group, and cull the unused ones?

I'd guess it's no different than bringing in the herd to market, and letting "buyers" (in this case, you keep the choicest) select the best of the herd, and removing the unwanted ones for the slaughterhouse. Your choicest group would be allowed to "produce more presets," whereas the unused would be turned over to the butcher.

Strangely enough, it makes sense to cull the herd occasionally, otherwise you might produce less than the "choicest" presets. My mindset is similar, though sometimes I can't justify owning the "best of the herd." My guitar skills are a measure of how well my music sounds, though owning the best does inspire me to play better.

Back
Top Bottom