AFIII Time Tripper

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
This is a song my friend Jeff and I wrote in the late '70s. Jeff wrote the lyrics and I wrote the music. If you're fan of Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five you will likely understand the concept of time tripping. It was originally recorded in 1982 for an EP our band self-produced back in the day. We were on a limited budget and were never completely happy with the results.

Last year we had a chance to re-record it at our friend Michael McDade's studio (ABQ Post) with three of the original band members and a drummer who's also a good friend of ours. (Our original drummer passed away in 2000.) ABQ Post primarily does post-production work for film and TV, but during the writer's strike last summer Michael had some time to take on our little project, and he did so at no cost to us. (He was in high school when we originally recorded it.) Due to a variety of hurdles we didn't get any mixdowns done until a few weeks ago. This is still a rough mix, but we're pretty happy with it so far. All guitars were direct to the console via my Axe-Fx III. Michael was initially reluctant for me to use a modeler, but in the end he was very pleased with what the Axe-Fx could do, and there was little to no post-processing of the guitar tracks.

Back
Top Bottom