Three Guitars + Three FC-6; possible right?

xxkatos

Hi all, I'm in the market to pick up the Axe FX III asap, but couldn't manage to find a convincing answer to if I could run two guitars and one bass through the FX-III complete with three FC-6, one for each musician. I read about maybe it doesn't play well with scenes, but as far as independent FX -switching them on/off independently for each player, routing all three musicians to different destination outputs, just making sure this is all possible. It seems so, but I need some more assurance before I make the investment. Thanks so much, and sorry I couldn't find a satisfactory answer before making the post..

I am assuming that you want to run all three independently, direct to FOH. The main issue is that you can only run two Amp blocks at one time. You may be able to get by with a Drive block for the Bass? And share one of the Stereo Cab blocks?

As far as the three FC pedals, you could get them each setup using a different 'Layout' and turning specific instances of specific blocks on and off as needed.

Maybe two FM9s or FM3s (guitars) and an FM3 (bass) would be a better fit?

I am assuming that you want to run all three independently, direct to FOH. The main issue is that you can only run two Amp blocks at one time. You may be able to get by with a Drive block for the Bass? And share one of the Stereo Cab blocks?

As far as the three FC pedals, you could get them each setup using a different 'Layout' and turning specific instances of specific blocks on and off as needed.

Maybe two FM9s or FM3s (guitars) and an FM3 (bass) would be a better fit?
Thanks for the input! Sharing a stereo cab block -interesting. that may work. I haven't considered the three FMs as an alternative yet as I was so enamored by a single unit running everything. I have a bit more research to do it seems! however if I could make it all work through one FX-III it would be preferred

It will depend on what you need for each signal chain. There are limits on how many instances of each block can be added to a preset. And the obvious CPU limitations.

Back
Top Bottom