The very BEST blackface preset you've heard/created

mngolf

Inspired
I am on the hunt for the ultimate blackface preset. Open to various model presets. This is the one that I seem to struggle with. When you plug into a Super Reverb or Deluxe Reverb, you get that beautiful clarity.

What have you found?

@austinbuddy's Live Gold pack has some really nice examples in it if you just want to buy something that sounds great right out of the box. There's a also two BF Deluxe presets in the Naked Amp pack that run through 16 very unique sounds but all based around BF Deluxe channels. Both packs are worth the money IMHO.

I have a preset I use with my Silver Sky quite frequently that's built around Deluxe Verb Vibrato model. I don't scoop the mids; in fact, I boost them a bit. But it's got that chimey bite thing in spades when you use it with single coils.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 5.39.25 PM.png

I uploaded it here for you: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9074 (globals are unlinked in the preset I uploaded, of course)

Edit: as @jrayjr said: plug a nice Fender-style guitar into the model and you're kind of there. Even with the knobs at noon. Pick an IR that matches the amp, of course. You'll see I don't deviate from the norm much in that preset.

Ever since seeing the Pete Thorn amps in the zone vid on this amp, I crank the mid and treble to 8-9 and bring bass up to taste. Drive at 5-6 and clean it up by rolling guitar volume down. Pair it with a 4x10 cab and you have a very versatile amp.

I am on the hunt for the ultimate blackface preset. Open to various model presets. This is the one that I seem to struggle with. When you plug into a Super Reverb or Deluxe Reverb, you get that beautiful clarity.

What have you found?
@Burgs used to have a very nice twin patch in the axefxii days, maybe check if he updated for Fx3 or fm3 ?

Back
Top Bottom